Saturday 8 March 2014

Week three looms

This is harder than I thought. The last few days have been really difficult. Not insummountable, but challenging, and physically hard. I guess that's because is working but it's a trial this week.

It made me think about why, and give myself a break.

- saying no - this week has presented several occasions where I had to say no to offers of the wrong food, when I was tired and emotional. Pizza at patents evening, a sandwich out in town, and yet I stick it out.

- workload - patents evening x end of project marking or 6 groups x department strategy presentation = knackered and emotional. Normally the answer is Ben x Jerry...

- Mother Nature - end of pill packet =  3 days of dropping things, breaking things, and reaching for the wrong things. So far self medicating with butter and wine.

- In need of a benchmark - it's been over 2 weeks, and I haven't weighed myself to see how it's going. I'm ok with not losing weight (if the sugar quitting works to make me feel better but I don't lose, I can always diet sugar free then) but I would be really disappointed if I put weight on. To which end, today I have taken measurements so that in a couple of weeks I can check against this.

- it's time to go cold turkey

It's hard but it is ok. I've been shopping for supplies today to try some new recipes - cacao nibs, quinoa, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds - and have some new things to try. They say the third week is tough with lots of addictions, it certainly was with smoking, and the only way is to grip on, and keep persevering, and celebrate the small victories.

On the plus side, I'm really enjoying the food and I am noticing a big difference in how much I want to eat and snack. A few slices of halloumi and red pepper this afternoon staved off dinner, so instead of roast chicken I made a delicious cous cous salad with basil, spinach, tomato, cucumber, and mackerel.

It is difficult, but it is good. Keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment